The Predator

Be A Best Buddy

Robyn Circelli

Back in 1998, Anthony Shriver started the best buddies program and as of today, over 2,000 schools have this program. The reason founded was to make a difference and to put a smile on the buddies’ faces! What is best buddies you might ask? Best buddies is a club where students volunteer and get a buddy. The purpose is to create strong relationships to support them in and out of school. Morgan Clark quotes, “It helps buddies be their best.” Madison Miller quotes “It teaches kids to accept other people that are not like us and to work with others.” In best buddies they bake, garden, play games, watch movies, and most importantly, learn. Sarah Sheau says her favorite part is playing games like monopoly. Austin’s favorite is playing Dominos and baking cookies and other treats. Dr. Casady talks about how it increases awareness and how it affects Landrum with a sense of awareness that other schools do not have. One of the new buddies this year is Wes. Wes says that his old school did not have a best buddies club but he is super happy that Landrum does. This is because he thinks its tons of fun! Nicole Opdyke, who is a volunteer in best buddies says it has affected her in a very positive way and it is a great way to connect with the buddies! Another student volunteer is Isabella Toby. She quotes, “The reason I signed up for best buddies was because I enjoy hanging out with them and making them smile.” A message from Mrs. Middaugh is, “If you are not in best buddies, you should be. It is a great program with lots of opportunities and it brings a lot of light and smiles to the kids who are less fortunate.”

• Be A Best Buddy

Features

Does Class Size Relate to Student Achievement?

• Features

A Walk to Remember

• Be A Best Buddy

Features

The Possibilities and Potential Perils of Artificial Intelligence

• Features

October 2018 Episode 1

• Be A Best Buddy

Entertainment

Chick Fil A is Tops at Landrum

• Be A Best Buddy

Features

A Run with Fate

• Be A Best Buddy

Entertainment

Fall Festival a Splash at LMS!

• Be A Best Buddy

Entertainment

Spirit Week Fun For All

• Be A Best Buddy

Entertainment

LandrumToday.com Launches

• Entertainment

ROAR TV Summer 2017

The Student News Site of Alice B. Landrum Middle School
Be A Best Buddy