The Predator

Chick Fil A is Tops at Landrum

Back to Article
Back to Article

Chick Fil A is Tops at Landrum

One more juicy bite of a chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A.

Richard Robyn, Staff Writer

Every Wednesday, LMS students can be seen speed-walking to the lunchroom to get their Chick Fil A chicken sandwiches before they run out! The food that a recently polled group of seventh graders like the most is chicken from Chick Fil A.  They enjoy them because of their juiciness and texture.  Significantly, the chicken is produced from chickens that are raised in barns, the chicken is 100% real, with no antibiotics, steroids, or hormones.   They come from the West Coast and are made into dozens of products including the chicken sandwich and the chicken nuggets.

When the boneless chicken is processing, it is seasoned, breaded, pressure cooked in peanut oil, and finally, placed on a toasted bun or multigrain bread with pickle chips.  This is all we know except for the people running Chick Fil’ A, who keep the recipe a secret because of copyright reasons.  There have been people who have created copycat recipes that have similar results.  Nevertheless, it doesn’t mean that their food is restricted.

The fact is, however, Chick Fil A is still considered a fast food restaurant, even though their products are different from other chains.  They still have the booths, play places, condiments not placed on tables, and the iconic drive through window.  The only thing is instead of beef, it’s chicken!  Not only Chick Fil A is named for that, but also the fact that chickens deserve to be eaten more than cows because cows are the animals that are always being eaten!

Chick Fil A was founded in 1946 by S. Truett Cathy, in College Park, Georgia, during the time that burger restaurant chains were starting to rise, like McDonald’s (1940) and Carl’s Jr (1941).  Since then, it has become one of the largest (if not the largest) chicken fast food restaurants.

According to Daily Meal.com, “Chick Fil A and Starbucks were ‘rated highest for customer experience’ in 2012.” The group decided to survey ten thousand consumers  or about 206 restaurant chains.  Eighty percent said that Chick Fil’ A, Starbucks, or Subway were good or excellent.  Though the report is outdated, it still proves that Chick Fil A can be trusted as a good fast food chain because it sells fresh food.  That’s why there are long lines at these fresh food places and the Landrum Middle School Cafeteria.

For these reasons, Chick Fil’ A is a place where they have food, quality, and service.  It is proven, though, that there are other chains that are recommended.  But sometimes, we the American people must think for ourselves about what decisions we should make and why we make those decisions.

Image courtesy of mealhack.com

• Entertainment

ROAR TV Silent Movie

• Chick Fil A is Tops at Landrum

Entertainment

Not Silly Symphonies

• Chick Fil A is Tops at Landrum

Entertainment

A World of Pure Imagination

• Chick Fil A is Tops at Landrum

Entertainment

Jaguar’s Draft Could Mean Offensive Changes – Up Close with Eric Price

• Chick Fil A is Tops at Landrum

Entertainment

This is the life of a writer

• Entertainment

ROAR TV Jim Harbin Entry 2019

• Chick Fil A is Tops at Landrum

Entertainment

Best Places To Travel Over Winter Break

• Chick Fil A is Tops at Landrum

Entertainment

Landrum Band Branching Out for the Holidays!

• Chick Fil A is Tops at Landrum

Entertainment

The Library- Not Just for Books Anymore

• Entertainment

ROAR TV Holiday 2018 Edition

The Student News Site of Alice B. Landrum Middle School
Chick Fil A is Tops at Landrum