The Predator

Staying clear of those on the naughty list.

Sam Evans

Tis’ the season, to keep you and your valuables safe while out during the holiday season. Shoppers aren’t the only ones looking for a good deal. Thieves can take advantage of distracted customers. While shopping keep an eye out for strangers following you, especially to your car. Make sure you cover your shopping goods or it in the trunk of your car and park in well-lit areas. Thieves have a better tendency to target more people during the holiday season because that’s when people are carrying more cash, credit cards, and gift cards, according to cpss.com (Crime Prevention Security System).

To stay safe while shopping online use trusted websites. For instance, if a website has the “https”, at the beginning of a web address, it’s a trusted website because of the “s”, which indicates it’s secure it’s secure. Make sure you never give out personal information over public Wi-Fi, for example coffee shops. Thieves have better access to your information through the service.  If you do order an online delivery make sure to not leave your package outside your house for very long because people can steal your package. Also if you see a deal that’s too good to be true, then it probably is. The deal you are looking at is most likely a scam. For you to stay safe this holiday season, stay close to your family members and people you trust, like a close friend. Stay in well populated areas so you’re not an easy target. If you see a person you don’t know approach you make sure you walk away and into a crowded area. All in all, staying safe this holiday is the top priority for you and your Christmas goods.

The Student News Site of Alice B. Landrum Middle School